7 Days. 7 Stories.
A FREE Masterclass exploring how cultural stories have negatively shaped the female relationship with food and body and how we can use story to get back to the truth of who we are and how to be healthy on our own terms.
Your body is NOT the problem. Bad body thoughts are NEVER about your body.
I know you don't believe me. I can hear you screaming at the screen "You don't know! You don't understand!! My body IS wrong. My body HAS to change. I can't just STAY HERE!!!"
I will admit that at this moment it's difficult for me to see your body. I don't know exactly what you look like or what you weigh or how long you've been fighting the food and body battle. But here is what I do know.....
The stories we tell ourselves bind us or set us free.
Story has metabolic power. It can fuel us, motivate us, supports us, and remind us of who we are and where we came from OR it can keep us trapped. It can disconnect and isolate us. It can make us feel as if we are ALL WRONG.
The story you are telling about your body, defines your body. And here's the worst part: the current cultural story about the female form was written by men. It was written by a patriarchal culture eager to keep women feeling small and vulnerable. Eager to keep women distracted. And we, WOMEN, unknowingly live out this body-food-weight-worth fairy tale/nightmare every single day. We sacrifice our time, creativity, focus, presence...our very lives....in an attempt to fulfill the requirements of beauty, health, and desirability that the culture fabricated to keep us feeling in lack.
It's an un-winnable story.
Want to change your relationship with food and body? Want to take back your power? Well then, let's go....let's change the narrative. Here's what we need to do:
- Identify the story you are currently telling.
- Challenge the story. Ask questions. See where it's keeping you stuck and where it's just, flat-out. untrue.
- Find a fresh perspective. A new story you can live in to. A story you recognize because it is not, in fact, new - it's the story of who you truly are when the unrealistic expectations are dropped and you are allowed to live in accordance with your wisest, most authentic, highest self.
Here is How the 7 Days will Work:
- You sign up! It's free. Easy Peasy.
- You'll get a confirmation email and the opportunity to join private Facebook Group where we can dive deep into conversation in a safe space, every day of the Masterclass.
- On March 21st you will get your first audio "class" - where I will tell you a story (it might be mythical, pop culture, fairy tale, fable, personal, academic, and/or religious) and then I'll explore what we learn from the story and how it affects us as females. We'll finish off class with a mantra, visualization, or journal exercise for the day - a way to explore how the story has affected you personally. This is, of course, optional. I won't be showing up at your door to make sure your homework is done:)
- Every day after that, for 6 more days, you'll get another audio class, leading you on a journey from diet culture, body hate, one-kind-of-beauty, and food fighting to worth, acceptance, revelation, and celebration....all through story.
- At the end of the Masterclass - if you have participated in our class challenge (more to come!) you'll have the opportunity to win one free year in The Food Freedom/Body Love Collective - a membership program where I give you the tools, strategies, support, and community you need to live life beautifully and healthfully in the body you are IN!