Diet mentality ALWAYS keeps us out of the present moment. It forces us into a complex dance of what we last ate, and what we're going to eat next, and what we deserve to eat based on how much exercise we've done that day or week, and what we wish we hadn't eaten, and WHY WON'T MY BODY CO-OPERATE?!, and, and, and....the list goes on.
As we work to make our bodies smaller, our lives get smaller.More and more focused on the end goal. On eating right. Exercising enough. Getting the weight off.
- We avoid social events.
- We avoid buying clothes that feel and look good.
- We stop dancing.
- We stop sleeping in.
- We stop seeing the architecture.
- We miss the way our kids faces are changing as they grow.
- We don't connect with women around us.
- We don't feel beautiful or desirable.
- We forget to laugh.
- We forget to make other people laugh.
- We put all of our energy into this singular obsession...and then wonder why we're so tired.
All of the things we plan to do when we are in a smaller body, all of the dreams we have for our lives.....we shut it all down.
We assume that the perfect body will lead to the perfect life...but what we don't see is that the endless struggling and forcing and planning and obsessing - the laser focus on the END GOAL - keeps us from having the life we desire.
The life we could have RIGHT NOW.
So the question is, how can you get more present? How can you be MORE in your life, instead of waiting for life to happen when your body behaves? #foodforthought